What are some key benefits of coming to the school?
- Develop confidence in your calling ability.
- Improve your overall calling skills.
- Learn how to program your dances and classes.
- Understand what it takes to be a “professional square dance caller”.
- Acquire the skills necessary to make yourself a more professional caller.
What are the topics of discussion?
- Mechanics of Choreography.
- Voice / Delivery
- Smooth Dancing / Body Flow
- Music / Rhythm
- Choreographic Management
- Ethics/ Leadership
- How to Utilize Digital Music
- Working with Square Dance Music Software
We have three program levels to better suit our students needs:
Beginners – Designed for brand new callers who need all the basics, including:
Basic choreography in the form of modules, Microphone Technique, Voice Control, understanding music, and much more.
Intermediate – Methods of Choreographic Control, modules, Introduction to Sight calling, Timing, smooth dancing and body flow, understanding music and rhythm, FASR, programming, Singing Calls, Teaching, and much more.
Advanced – Advanced Sight Calling techniques, timing and body flow, creative choreography, understanding “Degree of Difficulty”, Singing Call figures, Teaching, Resolution Methods, and much more.